Sky Sports 5: European Greats
They say that football is ‘The Beautiful Game’, so what better way to celebrate the launch of Sky Sports 5 – the new home of European football on Sky – than with one of the country’s biggest selling artists.
To mark the launch art forger John Myatt paid unique homage to five of the finest European footballers, from Gerrard and Ronaldo, by depicting them in the style of one of their most famous national painters.
Yesterday we unveiled the European Greats exhibition at the Castle Fine Art gallery in Mayfair – the exhibition is free of charge and will run for a month so check it out!
Sky Sports 5 kicked off yesterday with the UEFA Super Cup clash between Real Madrid and Sevilla FC. In true Ronaldo style we scored big, securing hits with the likes of the Daily Telegraph, Metro, Daily Star, Evening Standard, Mirror and Mail Online.
The collection of portraits includes:
– Arjen Robben in the style of Vincent Van Gogh’s Self Portrait
– Andrea Pirlo in the style of Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa
– Andres Iniesta in the style of Pablo Picasso’s Portrait of Dora Maar
– Cristiano Ronaldo in the style of Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro’s Portrait of Professor Antero de Quental
– Steven Gerrard in the style of Joshua Reynolds’ Portrait of General John Burgoyne
The Art of Ikebana Workshop February 12, 2020
NOW TV Helps Star Signs Find Their Perfect TV Match January 31, 2020
The Darts World Championships on NOW TV January 31, 2020
An unholy junket for The Righteous Gemstones January 27, 2020
Launching Fauxtons, an estate agent with a difference, at The Creative Shootout 2020 January 27, 2020